Announcing … eClinical Forum 2017 Global Meeting
May 7-10 2017
After much member discussion, the eClinical Forum have decided to hold a global meeting, open to all Europe, North America and Asia Pacific member companies. The larger, global group will allow greater opportunity for experience exchange, brainstorming, and interaction. It will allow us to include some unique features, such as the opportunity to progress eCF project goals face-to-face with team members, as well as provide the opportunity to explore the differences that culture, diverse geographic location and different regulatory authorities play on global trials.
- It is half way between Europe and North America and may allow Asia Pacific participation as well
- It offers the potential to combine with a trans-Atlantic business trip
- Iceland Air offer low cost travel from a large number of destinations (www.icelandair.com) and features a no-charge stop-over if continuing travel within 7 days (this would mean no extra cost for those using this as a leg in a trans-Atlantic business trip). Other airlines have direct flights to/from Reykjavik (www.kefairport.is)
- Travel costs and time are very reasonable (~580 EUR / 600 USD economy return) in consideration this is a global meeting. In addition, the cost in time and money is about the same for European-based and US-based members. (Sadly, there is no global location that offers this same balance for all 3 eCF Regions).
Start: Monday May 8 2017, 9am
End: Wednesday May 10 2017, 3pm
Venue: Hotel Reykjavik Natura, Nautholsvegur 52, Reykjavik, Iceland
Room Rate: (includes breakfast and wifi): 230 EUR / 256 USD
Meeting cost: Annual membership seats from any region can be used, and additional seats will be available at the within-region cost. Provided by eClinical Forum: Conference space, breaks, lunches
- • Sunday evening: Meet & Greet Wine & Cheese Party (hosted by Oracle)
• Monday evening: eClinical Forum Members Dinner
• Tuesday evening: Guided walking tour of Reykjavik (hosted by OmniComm)
• Wednesday 3:30-10:30pm (optional; post-meeting): Golden Circle Late Afternoon Guided Tour including Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir geothermal area, dinner at Geysir